Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2017

MOONLIGHT IN PAKISTAN


Journal entry : November 09, 2016
Location : Karachi Pakistan
 
Soon after the Saudi Arabia Loading ops was finish, this ship went to its next destination which is Karachi , Pakistan. It took only about roughly three days to reach the area on this ship and from here it will discharge its cargo,
 
So far the weather in Karachi Pakistan is a bit warm compared to Saudi Arabia right now, but the change of temperature is tolerable - feels just like the early summer days in the Philippines. I haven't clarified yet if the discharge operation here will be done on STS (ship to ship transfer) or be done in a port facility, But if it's an STS kind of operation then it's easy for the mooring and Unmooring part.
 
As of the moment , My day work was reduced to being just until 2.45 pm in exchange that there will be a anti - piracy watch for me every midnight, just to keep out people from stealing property from the ship. Basically I think Pakistan is a quiet place and not much fuss will happen here.
 
First few days of Anti-piracy watch was no big deal for me, although sleep was very much needed and most of the time I just went in the corner to take some naps and pictures, The most annoying part of this anti-piracy watch was that our Indian chief mate won't let me rest or take an off - not until the sun rises, which basically is all the way up till 6.30 am, That asshole even disturbed me when I was in the middle of a bath and told me to return to work despite I had already completed my 12mignight to 6am working shift.
 
On the third day of Anti-Piracy watch, I was already finish on my working shift - as in just 15 minutes from being off on work, when suddenly I received a message from the Indian chief mate on the radio telling me to wake up bosun and O.S. mark and that we will be heaving anchor at 6am