Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2018

"E.V.L" GOT SHOT DOWN

April 23, 2018 Monday


Couple of weeks ago. Desperate to find a solution on my situation , I finally manage to think of a plan on how to get out and get rid of the bad treatment here PERMANENTLY. And it came be on what we Filipino sailors call in the contract "Early Vacation Leave" .

I immediately got to work on it way back when this ship was still back in Korea ., but never fully considered it as an escape plan here. Although I'm not in good terms with A.B. "Windel" I did got a good idea about the early vacation . As soon as this ship left for Korea , I passed it immediately to a "FAO" (Fleet administrative officer) onboard

(A FAO IS PRACTICALLY A "SECRETARY ONBOARD" AND PRIMARYLY DOES WORK RELATED TO PAPERS, THIS POSITION IS UNIQUE ONLY HERE IN AN LNG TANKER)

F.A.O. never gave any question on why I wanted an early vacation leave and simply got to work writing. I easily got my way around without any problems and he just simply told me that the letter is finished and it will be passed to the captain.

FEW WEEKS PASSED BY.

I was surprised one day , while having a coffee break that FAO came back and told me that I did not informed BOSUN about my early vacation request and I should have done it first before making the letter . He said it won't be a problem since he has already submitted it and I'd have just to inform bosun the next time.

Later that day I did informed Bosun "Jerrymine" and as usual got disrespecting comments along with some of the crew who heard it especially Oiler Monta.

(Next time, I'd be reminded not to do any favours to Oiler "Monta"  - such an ungrateful son of a bitch)  

AGAIN A FEW DAYS PASSED BY

I was doing the usual coffee and believe that everything will be fine and proceed in me getting out of this ship for good (despite numerous criticism from ungrateful crew members). Then all of a sudden BOSUN Jerrymine said and asked if I had a problem with him because Chiefmate Ivan blames him that I "by passed" Several steps and that the only reason he thinks I did that was that I had a problem with the crew. He added that Captain Vedran spoke to me and suspect something is bothering me which I denied to avoid any more complication on my situation

Obviously I had to deny publicly that I had a problem with the crew as to avoid trouble , ( in reality I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM AND THE CRAPPY POLICIES HERE) and reassured him that the reason why I'm filing for an early vacation is that my contract is already almost finished when this ship arrives at Ras Raffan , Qatar.

(The words that came out of my mouth were practically half lies and half-truths, as just to avoid myself from dealing with a more escalated problem).

Later that day ., I was summoned on the captains office on similar suspicions , This time Chiefmate Ivan and Bosun Jerrymine are also present. They tried to inquire and interrogate as much as they can to find out the real reason why I'm trying to get a leave. The meeting was more like a battle of words ., and I had to be manipulative as possible on what I'm saying just to dodge them.

I was successful in dodging them and just pointed out that my contract will just expire and I just came in an early notice , Although I was successful in avoiding suspicion however it came on a very high price. I was left to abandon my desire of getting out here on this ship. And as a result I have to endure another month of annoyance and bad treatement .

From the looks of it,. If I'm trying to get out of this ship for good. It looks like that I had to find another way out and that my "early vacation leave" excuse just got blown away by sabotage.