Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2018

S - TRANSIT

March 30, 2018 Friday

Few days have passed after this ship had made a transit in Singapore and as expected the transit here was exaggerated and was a big deal on this ship. Basically an OVERKILL of the situation. Anyway it's their stupid ship and pathetic company and not mine., I'm just riding along here and sitting tight for a month till I get out of this. Till I dispose Shell / Nakilat Company.

I remember back then ., on the company I came from that Singapore transit was just a normal transit and only that it only had just a few guys more in the bridge ., from what I remember what we do during the Singapore transit was just sit around and enjoy the lights passing by with the A.B. and the "O.O.W" - it was no big deal of any kind and even the captain doesn’t even interfere or meddle with the those matters., To simply put the Singapore transit there was more like a "talk show" on T.V. . Now comparing what I had been experiencing right now and seeing . Things here are so exaggerated that I might mistook that this ship is going to a war zone rather than a ship passing thru a traffic area.

The Captain here is at the bridge during my whole work shift and watching every move and detail of our work. I find it uncomfortable working that somebody is keeping an eye on every move I make , which increases more of my stress and difficulty while I'm at the bridge. I couldn’t make a proper "lookout" with him blocking the radar screen which I needed in making references for nearby ships, I was  simply stuck moving my way around and looking the horizon with just only binoculars around. Aside from that every 30 minutes or so I had to switch work with the A.B. around and steer the ship.

Fortunately for me steering the ship wasn’t such a big problem., and the steering console is much more responsive when it comes to whichever direction I'm being told to go. Of course I had to be very careful even on just simply moving the wheel because the of the captain hovers around like a helicopter.

The whole four hours of my working shift on the bridge was pure frustration., I had to think every now and then on what I'm doing was right or wrong plus have to deal the captain hovering around. I was constantly moving every few minutes or so just to avoid being lectured and be mistaken for slacking on work. Good thing the Singapore Marine traffic provided enough distraction for them so I can go unnoticed.