Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2012

BARELY PASSING THRESHOLD


All that is left on TalkTalk Trainee group, I'm the one behind the digital camera


The perks about working in the call center is that payout salary is never late , In fact its always early or on time. Call centers companies here are always pressured to give their salaries early or on time in fear that if they do miss or delay their salary pay out their employee's leave them. 

For this day I had received my salary and its three days earlier than expected, the total payout money is 8,883.00 PHP somewhat less than the previous pay out of 9,200 PHP. So what did I bought ? A few essential stuff like medicines ( I meant vitamins C , B complex and E ) , cat food and such.  I already bought a months supply of everything and manage to keep the rest of my money in the ATM for further use later on, Honestly I don’t want to spend all of my earnings in a few days time given the situation that I'm still not entirely sure if my stay here in TRANSCOM will be short lived . Its prudent for me to save some money as a Failsafe measure just incase I get untimely fired , enough money for expenses on the next *target* call center and for my maritime agenda's .by the way I had also restarted reactivating my sun cellular SIM , and will be soon buying a globe SIM card for my dual line phone.

So what is happening currently at the office … well there a few news going on



Proximity cards have now been issued on us remaining agents as well as our assigned lockers , Proximity cards are pretty neat this time and that their absolutely much smaller and thinner compared to say proximity cards I had when I was in TELETECH. (Pictured above) quite honestly I like the "Look" and "feel" of TRANSCOM proximity cards. Speaking of which I wont be renewing my "Dress Down" pass till Monday and I want to make sure that I do still have another 5 week *extension* on my job otherwise paying 100 PHP for the pass is just a waste of money 


As for the lockers , that is If I recall correct there will be three agents sharing the same locker and I'd be sharing a locker space with "RENE" and "Dan" , Hopefully "Dan" will be going AWOL soon and that will leave just me and "RENE" sharing the locker. Well I'm not really a locker dependent kind of person and I rarely use a locker , even when I was a sailor I rarely use my assigned locker and besides that I'm more comfortable using a huge back pack bag when I go to work. Anyway what I meant to say is that "Rene" has a possibility that she'd get to use the locker all by herself.

Well in other work related news , My seatmate "Erich" is contemplating if he will go AWOL by next week and up to now he hasn't made up his mind yet. As for "Mars", "Dan" and "CJ" are already considered AWOL or at least will be recommended to the HR for termination since their absences have exceeded to more than just one. Too bad for them that the replacement trainer is not that lenient compared to "Norman" and doesn’t pretty much make considerations on the agents position.  In the end and overall there is not many of us agents left by the time "Nesting" phase will begin and the attrition rate is very high on our group. I wonder myself on how many of us will actually make it to the actual production floor , considering that there is still an attrition rate in the "nesting" phase.

In other matters , we were given a hands on demo of a software tool called "Resolve" which apparently is more like a decision based type of software were an agent gets to choose the options (or actions) taken by the customer and in turn will lead to a resolution choices. "Resolve" is much more convenient that compared to the software program used by AT&T on the fact that an agent doesn’t heavily relay on one tool alone.

 The day is the day were us remaining agents have to be rated if we pass or not , plain and simple. There are two kinds of the exam. Written / Computer exam and Oral exam (SIM call) , I had no problem getting past the computer / written exam as I relayed heavily on copying answers on "Mark's" computer. This may look cheap on my behalf but I do am determine to at the very least extend my *Drilling* mission on the call center for another 5 weeks.

So far based on the overall score I got is 81percent on the computerized exams, not bad at all and I had made the minimum threshold grade of 80 percent. I did pass , though only barely. Next phase which was an oral exam were I screwed up , to make the story short I didn't have any idea on what the hell I was doing and that having a high caffeine in my system ( I drank two Baccus Energy drinks) is messing up my nerves, irregardless I flunked the exam and I had no excuse on it. Good thing though our trainer "M.Barilea" was kind enough to say "I'd let you pass this time, in spite you failed the initial exam, you're free to go" . That’s it ?! - I'm free to go ? No words saying that I'd be endorsed to HR ?? , I muttered that to myself.  He said good luck and I have to greatly improve on grad bay (nesting) or else.

So generally I passed again , In the skin of my teeth even though I was in all terms had to be terminated. I get to live and have another 5 more weeks.


In other matters .. I had to be more carefully in regards to personal information and details regarding personal life since that "Rene" here is quite nosy when it comes to other peoples businesses , frankly I hate being asked on what kind of medicines I do take when she saw the picture of my med pillbox on my digital camera , I have a right not to give details about it even if those medicine's I'm taking are just purely vitamins / cosmetic meds. In any case I better be extra careful on every move I make and ensure that no details nor personal information will be known on my part.

In another matter , "Rene" seems to intend to evict me on our designated locker. She said that something in those words that there is not enough space for the both of us on the locker and that my back pack is so large , it won’t fit there. She said those words while in I was in the pantry.  Well first off , Who said anything that I'd cram my bag there in the locker, Second I rarely use a locker due to security reasons and much prefer my bag and things stored up in the baggage counter, Third reason is that three agents are usually share designated on locker spaces , there are some lockers there that are much more crowded than ours and yet she complains that there isn't enough space ? WHAT THE HELL !!! Look if she wants the locker , then it's hers and I don’t want to make a big deal out of it since I'm just here on a *Mining* mission to get some money for my sailing job. 


Cocktail of Vitamin Cosmetic Medicine's , I've been taking. Vitamin B complex,  Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Hope this will make my skin smooth