Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 7, 2012

THE VOICE OF REASON


"THE BRAVEST ARE SURELY THOSE WHO HAVE THE CLEAREST VISION OF WHAT IS BEFORE THEM, GLORY AND DANGER ALIKE, AND YET NOT WITHSTANDING TO GO OUT AND MEET IT "

One of my favorite online blogs has all of a sudden vanished, For some reason it disappeared in the internet overnight and without a total trace -no evidence whatsoever. It only disappeared a few weeks after typing this and I could not figure out why the author of the blog decided to discontinue it - why have a change of decision when the blog started out a more than a year ago ?, Perhaps the author felt it was time to move on in life or maybe the author died suddenly , after all while the author was posting his blog he disclosed to the public that he has an incurable disease and could die anytime . It was only a blessing that he lasted this long and was the main reason why he started out to blogging is that at least to cope up he's deteriorating condition or at least prepare himself for death.

In any case he has informed he's family on what will be the fate of his blog and it's up to them whether or not the blog will be maintained and his identity be disclosed or whether the blog will cease to exist as a protection for his identity and his family relatives.  It's just a pity that the blog ceased to exist as it is the living testament of his battle to his ailment and that this 21st century plague is real , A surviving document on what a person does in coping up with and how to deal with the inevitable fate of dying later on.

The author of the blog has HIV / AIDS , here's his blog http://iamhpositive.tumblr.com/

In work related concerns….

Training Phase in TRANSCOM is nearing its end and I'm scrambling to get to the minimum threshold of 80 percent grade. As a precaution for me to make it to the said mark ,I'm resulting to cheating by copying a few answers from my seatmates. "Erich" was a big help in boosting up my scores and if it were not for him It is imminent that I'd be leaving TRANSCOM by end of next week, I owe the guy a lot and he has my best respect's . Anyway in spite of the big help , it doesn’t mean that I had to be careless - I still remember my objective to go past the training phase and make it to at least the 5 week "nesting" phase.

I had been in this "campaign" for almost more than three weeks and up to now I still have trouble staying awake during training session, Of course I was not the only one who has trouble staying focus. For what I saw "Mico", "Erich" and "Chard" is having the same problems as well. Anyway this is the main  problem In having a 11pm to 7am shift , I get bored easily and fatigue get's up to me fast.

The following day , I had an argument over "Norman" about not answering the online quizzes .As what I'm narrating I wasn't in the mood and was definitely tired to do anything even answer those quizzes , So I decided to delay my progress and answer it later at 11pm. I logged off early and "Norman" saw it and insisted that before I go out and leave the class I had to answer those quizzes , I told him that I'm already tired and if I would answer those quizzes on a later time, as It would result to me having more problems rather than helping my score boost up because. "Norman" didn't like what I said and even told me that I had been given numerous considerations before and I had to finish those quizzes , he even added that I was allowed to surf website while in class.

So what the hell does that mean ??? And I don’t like the way "Norman" waives and tells it right in front of my face about the things I should not do while I'm in training class. I'm not a retard to know the difference , and put it simply , I don’t like the way "norman" talks to me like that.  To avoid any further arguments , I shouted back and said "FINE !!!" then slammed lock lock plastic container containing my headsets to the computer table and answered the quizzes, Afterwards I hurriedly left the room in a very furious manner.

The following day…..

Wasn't in the mood in paying attention to "Norman" and his lectures and was ignoring him for the whole day.

From what I learned the difference between an "Australian" and "British" account when it comes to troubleshooting an ADSL connection is that , UK accounts are more equip and more detailed in finding out what the trouble is compared to software tools that Australian accounts have. In other words , I'm not left guessing on what's seems to the problem of the customer and I can identify exactly what part of the telephone line is having issues. However Australian accounts seems to be more employee oriented and care and well fare for them are much better compared to the UK.

In other matter related to work…

"Mico" went away at mid-half shift of work. Apparently she's all fed up and wants to resign permanently. Poor "Mico"…

When I first met "Mico" on the first day of training , she was probably one of the braves and most out spoken of the group . Now gravity caught her and she's now panic stricken and lost hope of at least getting past Training - She was not improving at all in her performance, I guess she just couldn't take the weight of gravity.

The next day….

It was scheduled that we should take in calls at this day but for some unknown reason "Norman" didn't show up and also the rest of the trainee's . It was only me, "GWEN" , "JUSTIN" , "MARK" , "JASON" , "McVIN", "ROSE" , "CHARD" , "DAN" and "BADONG" , The rest of the trainee's went on some bogus excuse that they were sick - which I don’t personally believe at all and they were just having petty excuses to not take in calls . I can't figure out why some of my co-trainee's are chickening out with this exercise and they should remember that we still have a job to do and that as call center agents , its out main job description to handle calls regardless if our skills in the BPO industry is very different from this account.

As for "Norman" I'm not sure on why he didn't show up , apparently "Gwen" could only surmise that "Norman" was piss off on how some of the trainee's acted with this call exercise.

Midway in the shift. "Badong" lost temper and went home. While "Dan" suggested that we should go to a bar somewhere in "LIBIS" and have a few drinks after all nobody is home in the tranining room. Everybody went with "DAN's" idea with only me and "Gwen" decided to stay here in the room. Frankly I oppose "Dan's" idea to go to a drinking session in "LIBIS" on the reason that we are still *officially* at work. I could have decided a different way and go along with "DAN's" idea if it was already during off hours , but since were not - I chose to stay , I think I made the right choice and have the balls to take responsibility of my actions.

I took some picture's of TRANSCOM just to relive myself of boredom.