Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 8, 2014

CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR

February 21st 2014, Friday

After a day of delay due to bad weather (which i had nothing to do but look for rust and sweep it on the deck as my maintenance work), This ship has finally commenced in berthing with Vladimir tikonov at around 10am. We didn't do any deck maintenance work when we were standby at around 8am given that mooring and berthing are more important , and aside from that we don't kind of feeling like working at all since 7 Filipino crew will be disembarking (including me) on the turkey straights right after this operation.

Everything was ready before the this ship berthed to Vladimir , SOPEP , Fire fighting Equipment. So it was just directly going back to the security watch duties after Mooring.

From what i heard on the rumour that loading operations will be very short in "FCS Vladimir Tikhonov" , roughly just 12 hours to 16 hours since it pumps cargo much faster than "NS Lion" . After my watch , I did the usual packing of my luggage and couldn't sleep comfortably out of the excitement of disembarking soon. I was thinking whether i would be disembarking while this ship is in the middle of channelling away on Istanbul or when this ship is at anchorage ? Anyway this is just a minor detail and wouldn't matter at all.

Anyway in other rumours ....

I heard from homer (during our time on cargo ops) that 2nd officer "Bastard - O" is having a eye inflammation or eye strain of some sort and that he is going to be left out along with third engineer on the disembarkation from this ship. Seriously I'm normally not like this but this is the first time that I'm glad to heard about someone's misfortune , Serve's him right that pussy ass mother fucker !!! And that's what he gets for being a dickhead here onboard. I glad he's going to be left behind

During my night watch duties (12 midnight till 6am), I was kept pretty much occupied in assisting those Ukrainian Surveyors in taking cargo samples from slop cargo tank, It was chore assisting them as they made a big mess in collecting cargo samples - As in the whole tank hatch was covered with bunker fuel , and even my I as well .

Another worst thing that happened was chief mate instructed me to take cargo samples in slop starboard tank when loading operations was already over. Good thing i was able to remedy the situation by opening the cargo hatch and getting some equipment from the deck store and took the heaving line from the aft area.

14 bottles (1 liter each ) were the total number of samples I took and a shitload of a mess in the slop tank hatch when i finally got to finish the job. Hopefully The mooring team on the aft wont recognize that their heaving line will be a bit shorter than the usual by the time this ship reaches Cartagena Spain and when that happens I'm no longer around and will be most likely in the Philippines.

The pilot was expected to arrive at around 8am , but apparently it was already 10am when O.S. Del Monte knocked to my door and said its Unmooring time. Unmooring operations went on without any problems.

A few hours later after unmooring ops, A short notice memo just came in from career shipping informing that the crew change will be unlikely in Turkish Straights . Possibly the next crew change will be on next port , Cartagena Spain