Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 8, 2014

FINAL COUNTDOWN

FEBRUARY 16, 2014 Monday

Wasn't exactly sure on Sunday if their is work or a rest day, So just to confirm i hanged out in the crew mess for a while until i was absolutely sure that it was really a rest day. I wont really go to so much trouble in confirming if it was a rest day or not if the chief mate wasn't Mr.Bezruchko , If it was Chief mate nagorny - It's definitely a 100 percent rest day on Sundays.

View if the FPSO ship NS Lion
Behold The EPES turkish Beer 
So what happened during my *hang out* time in the crew mess, well Fitter Sano was having an early morning drinking session on beer (as early as 7am in the morning) while it was only me who took a breakfast. Obviously Fitter sano invited me to join him on his ongoing drink, I joined in in seeing that there's nothing wrong drinking on a rest day , besides that i don't want to get into the wrong impression. I had a couple of drinks probably 4 to 6 bottles of EPES Turkish beer and had a few small talk with fitter sano.

We discussed about me taking a licensure exam after this. Maybe Fitter sano is right taking a licensure exam and getting a license may benefit me on the long run, after all at least any company could not dispose me easily if I have one.

On the latter part of the day, Finally got to clean my cabin after so many months ignoring it - specifically on my toilet area. Well i figured that I guess maybe before i disembark onboard this ship i better leave my cabin in shape for my successor.

Aside from cleaning my cabin , I also tested out the outfit I'm going to wear on my disembarkation day. I look glamorous on the outfit wearing semi formal clothes and with a tie on, and i bet my co-workers are going to be very jealous on it when i wore them.

In other news on Sunday

I finally finished playing the story of mode on the video game "Far cry 2" , so what can i say about it ? Well I'm not exactly sure if I got the good ending at all in this game, the end story on my game is that I had killed all my buddies over some few pieces of rock (diamonds) , let the bad guy named "Jackal" got away and made a self sacrifice by blowing myself up in the cliff , blocking the accesses to cliff to the horde of other bad guys planning to go genocidal on helpless citizens  (so that civilians can get out of the border).

I'm not so sure at all that i got the good ending nor if the story on this video game is non linear. Anyway bottom line is that I've finished the game.

On Tuesday February 18, 2014. The weather wasn't really going well in the morning and there was heavy fog yet again, it was even doubtful that berthing might be cancelled and when i came to work it was indeed cancelled - well its more called a delayed rather than cancel and at around 12:30 Pm, O.S. Del Monte knocked to my cabin door and said that were going to heave up anchor and be berthing soon. As expected  I quickly dresses in coveralls and got down to business.

After the anchor was successfully heaved up. We went to the crew mess to have a coffee break and wait further orders. Some how this ship was moving very slow and took four hours for it to reach the destination point, and obviously we were there in the crew mess waiting.

Ship that was berthed at is named "NS Lion" another SCF company ship (it's a ship to ship berthing ops) . It has a deep color red hull like the red we typically see in primer paints here onboard, and probably that ship is Korean made based on its structure.

Before berthing "Bullfrog" Amican lectures me something about a load line, ( as if i don't know what it is, I already know that during my college years on where its located , what's it used for and what the symbol letters mean ) . I just let him talk and talk all that shit about it , Funny he lectures me on something as if like i was an ignorant illiterate and him implying that he's a "superior intellectual guy" - Seriously I do know better that "Bull Frog" Amican is no better off than any other regular joe around here and if he knows so much , how come he ended up being a BOSUN rather than a ship officer eh ??!  Asshole just plainly have an EGO problem.

During berthing, the Russian third mate said that i should now throw the heavy line , but on my rough estimation it was a few meters short on my throwing reach, i told him that about it and ignored it , saying it will be fine. I did throw the heaving line anyway to the other ship and my estimation was correct , it didn't make it on the other side and was probably 2 to 6 meters short of the target and as a result i had to coil back again the heaving and throw it one more time. O.S. Del Monte said he like to take a shot on the heaving line and i gave him the rope.

This time the distance between our ship and NS lion was so close that missing it will be impossible, as expected the end of the heaving line made it on the deck of NS lion and tied it to their messenger line (rope used to drag the mooring line). Then afterward we pulled our heaving line and tied it up on our Mooring lines - spring lines to be specific. The mooring arrangement on our STS ops is 4 : 2 just like before. After an hour it mooring ops was finished.

Soon after the mooring ops, I went to the mid ship manifold area to prepare the fire fighting equipment and SOPEP , as well as the ISPS box (as part of my work description as an O.S.). When i came there it was already prepared and basically i was left to do nothing for a while, I roamed for a few minutes finding any work when i saw chief mate Bezruchko having a conversation on some crew of NS lion , there was also BOSUN AMICAN and 2nd officer "Bastard - O" .

Apparently from what i heard NS Lion doesn't have any "baskets" at all to carry some of the personnel from their ship to ours and they suggest that we should use our  accommodation gangway as a means of a walkway. Unfortunately it wasn't possible given the circumstances and it would be very dangerous to do so and there's a possibility that people would fall from there. In the end the crew of NS lion used an improvised version of a basket to carry their people around, they used a wooden box with a safety net that would be lifted by their crane. Honestly the basket box really looks more of like a coffin rather than a basket when looked at.

After my watch, I went ahead to my cabin to fix a few other stuff and had difficulty sleeping and looks like i paid the price on not resting, as during my midnight watch i was feeling the severe effects of sleep deprivation. To make it short i was very dizzy and wasn't feeling well on that time, to make it more complicated the temperature dropped down again and there was another fog coming by. Good thing there wasn't much work to go around with.

On the late part of my watch, A.B. Mallorca heard a shout coming the accommodation direction and when he came out to check it , he saw it was 2nd officer "Bastard - O" yelling and shouting "Where's your radio" . Immediately A.B. Mallorca checked out his radio and it was dead apparently maybe because it was low on the batteries awhile ago, he checked mine and i had the same problems as well on the radio. He immediately sent me out to replace both of our radio's batteries in the CCR and when i was in the room , I saw 2nd Officer "Bastard - O"  and immediately let out a furious words, shouting in tagalog saying "Tatanga tanga kasi , Palitan nyo battery nyo" , not exactly sure the exact translation in tagalog but it sounded more like , "Change your battery, you incompetent imbecile" . I was going to let out a few words but i figured , he's not going to be my problem anymore in the next couple of days since I'm disembarking and low life cunt's like him are not worth it, So i just turned my back on him the CCR and ignored him.

Back in the cargo manifold area , A.B. Homer Mallorca asked what happened on the CCR , i just gave him a reply that its nothing serious and 2nd officer is bitchy as always.


At around 6pm NS lion operation were finished and the whole mooring crew was finished in the unmooring operations, we were in a hurry putting back again the mooring ropes and wire back , expecting that another berthing operations to FCS valdimir tikhonov would commence right after our unmooring with NS LION. Unfortunately much to our dismay mooring was cancelled for now and this ship anchored about 1.5 miles away from Vladimir Tikhonov. From what in heard we wont berth for now due to the late schedule.