Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 13, 2014

INTERSTELLAR FLIGHT




Took me quiet a while to get my sense back again after the long trip back home , as expected my disembarkation is on Cartagena, Spain and it was good news that my disembarkation pushed thru on that port. Seriously I'm not yet tired working onboard the ship but the main reason why i wanted to go home is to finally get rid of my enemies there once and for all (as we all know its "Bull Frog" Amican and 2nd Officer Renan Aveda Olis A.K.A "Bastard - O " ).The Disembarkation schedule - In a funny twist of fate will be carried out on two groups , The reason why it will be two groups was because of the fact that four people ( "Bull Frog" Amican, Oiler Rogel , 3rd Engineer Cranz and A.B. Homer) have issues with the European visa (Schengen to be specific, Visa mentioned on my entry "The Hunt for Schengen") . Apparently from what i heard is that these four don't have any schengen visa's yet and processing takes two days resulting that they will disembark on the latter.

A Sample of a PRC Sea Certificate
Unfortunately for me , I'm part of the first group that will disembark and 2nd officer "bastard - O" and Messman Ferdinand are also part of it. Well i don't have anything against Ferdinand and don't hate the guy , But i do despise "Bastard - O" and never liked him around. Anyway for the sake of me going home , as much as it pains me i had to tag along with these illiterates on the course of the trip. Before i went disembarked i arranged  secretly my sea service certificate and went to captain slabada and asked him if he could sign in for my "Sea service certificate" ( a PRC form in the philippines need for a license exam), Captain Slabada signed it and didn't give me any hard time at all and i'm thankful for it. I will be needing this sea service certificate in the long run,

In the morning of March 5th , i was knocked on the cabin door by Messman ferdinand and said it now time for us to leave. I was already prepared a few hours before ferdi knocked and was just simply waiting for anyone to signal me. I woke up A.B. Jay to help me out on my luggages (2 bags , one with 18 kilograms and the other 16 kilograms) , A.B. Jay is very helpful in helping us out and even borrowed the ships cart for us to use in getting the luggage's off the gate.

The cab arrived at about 6:30am and we proceeded to the nearby domestic airport for the domestic flight to Madrid . According to my flight details , my trip to go home will be a domestic flight first from Cartagena to Madrid then international flight from Madrid  to Dubai then another flight from Dubai to manila. Pretty simple instruction indeed, and can't miss it.

During the whole trip , it was definitely very obvious that there was friction as i didn't spoke any word and ignored "bastard - O" , and why the hell would i talk to him eh ? His so called   ship officers position and license is nothing more than just toilet paper here. Only Ferdinand even bother to talk to the guy once in a while.

So what can i saw about the trip ? Well honestly i would be better off travelling alone rather than having these two around, that one is an asshole and the other is a stupid piece of shit when it come to travelling. Seriously i cant explain why Messman ferdinand is so stupid when it comes to travelling on airports - i mean come on !! He's been a sailor longer than me and he should have known more about the in's and out's of an airport and yet he's very stupid when it comes to gates and terminals. Good thing I'm not hanging out with him since there's a huge possibility that I 'd miss a flight with him around.  Glad I'm well aware now that Messman Ferdinand cannot be trusted when it comes to these matters.

The Ipad Mini I gave to my sister (Leftside)
On my short stay in dubai I bought my little sister an Ipad that she's been requesting about (actually it was an iphone) , i couldn't get her an iphone in Dubai given that the cost of a single iphone unit was at around 700 U.S. Plus plus (roughly 31thousand PHP) so i decided that an Ipad would be a good alternative. The Filipina sales person in dubai was very warm and friendly and knows how to make small talk on customers, Being in Dubai airport is a bit at home and there are a lot of Filipino workers there working on duty free shops. I bought the usual stuff OFW presents there aside from the mac - TONS and TONS of chocolates

When we arrived at the NAIA terminal 1 airport, I made no hesitation in ditching out "bastard - O" and Ferdinand and hurriedly went out on the airplane, why the hell would I wait for them ? - never even liked them from the start and there's no exact rule that i should tag along with them any longer.  I finally got rid of them - this time for good !!!

The following day i decided to report back to the shipping office as part of the company policy that every sailor should report back to the shipping office within the 24 hour time frame upon arrival.

I never had any problems in reporting back , and Mr. Nidoy was more accommodating compared to Mr. HO, He just simply asked me a few questions about how long would i be vacationing here and they needed O.S. Positions on other ships, afterwards I'm free to go.