Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 8, 2014

USUAL ROUTINE

FEBRUARY 10, 2014 Monday
On the top right part of my Blog you can click the link for the Nautical Ebooks and learning materials , I also included some useful Nautical programs and Computer Based Training Programs (CBT) that is used in real life by shipping companies here in the Philippines. Hope this ïntelligence information " I gathered will be useful for the General Seaman Populace , especially to deck cadets  
Copy and paste this also on your web browser : https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=912A992BD6236A8A&mkt=en-US

A lot of people might be wondering what's the real motive behind me , *donating* to the general public my knowledge of my eBooks and computer based training maritime programs. Simple, its the main reason i already stated it on my introduction of blog.  To record and survey this knowledge for future generations plain and simple...

For now i have started my work in "Zipping" and compressing all the files that will be uploaded on my Microsoft Sky drive Online storage account, so that when i get back home in the Philippines - I wont go to so much trouble and just upload and upload all the knowledge and material needed for the future work that will be done .

For the latest work from the deck is that were just finished off unloading again the cargo that was loaded on one of the floating FPSO ships (named vladimir tikhonov) to another FPSO ship. The funny thing about this discharging operations was that we have the same loading and discharging port, which makes me wonder if this ship just " Heated " the cargo and stored it. Anyway its unimportant and I'm just a rank and file employee here.

The mooring arrangement given is 4 : 2 ( four headlines and two spring lines ) . Everything ran smoothly when the spring lines were given and the only difficult part we have was giving the head lines , basically because of the ice hasn't melted yet on the forward part - no big deal really, just plain old grunt work. Finished off my six hour work shift in a snap. By the way the name of the ship we discharge cargo is "Zarifa Aliyeva"

On the next work shift (12mn till 6 pm) , my last two hours part became busy when one of the rope tails (some part of a mooring wire) broke off from the large swell, well I wasn't exactly busy at all, but the problem was my attention was a bit distracted from the annoyance coming from MR. "Bastard - O" apparently because he demanded that i should have reported one of the other loose spring lines directly to him.

( Well excuse me , MR. Cock sucking Phylum Nematoda "Bastard-O". I'm not talking to you in the first place - I'm talking to homer Mallorca , and it's an A.B.'s job on maintaining the mooring lines - Unless you want to demote yourself to an A.B. - Asshole Filipino officers ! Ugh !!!)

On the afternoon work shift, On around 12noon , there was a P.A. That came saying that all mooring teams should proceed to the aft area. Apparently when i came there I heard that 3 stern lines snapped due to the increasing swell and that replacing the rope tails is imperative. The job was no big deal as i only assisted them in replacing the rope tails and pulled a rope tail or two to the nearest bollard or so, didn't have a difficult time with it since almost all of the engine and deck crew are at the aft . Doing all the replacement of the rope tails

Unloading ops was finished at around 3pm and I was busy assisting pumpman in blowing the cargo line with air (specifically i was on the air valve). After the said work , I'm off to the usual routine of securing all the fire fighting and SOPEP equipment back to its locker, Aside from that me and A.B. Bryan did also prepare the gangway ladder, the arrangement is combination ladder.  After that we waited for the pilot to arrived at 5pm.



Golden rule in any loading / unloading operations in an oil / chem tanker is always prepare and secure the SOPEP and Fire Fighting equipement


As for the food that was served for dinner , it was kind of a bit weird and some of my co-workers couldn't help but wonder on what the hell is going on in Chief cook olan's mind. It was weird in the sense that who have ever thought that hamburgers could be served for dinner? My Co-worker A.B. Homer Mallorca said he's disgust over it being served for dinner and said "Hamburgers are for a quick snack and should not be dinner at all" , he added also that he didn't ate his hamburgers. Me on the other hand just kept quiet , knowing that he is right after all.

It was around 6 when the pilot came via tugboat and as the usual unmooring operations started . When all the Deck crew (O.S. And A.B.'s) are finally finished making the final few adjustments on the pilot ladder, I was going to my mooring station when Mr Bastard - O suddenly approached me and asked why am i going to the forward mooring station , I replied that its my mooring station. To his stupid ignorance he said "Your A.B. Jay right?? " . I replied I'm not and quickly left him (like being a snob)  , he asked another question on were is jay . I didn't said a word and just pointed my finger to the aft direction ,

This cock sucking fool probably didn't recognized he was talking to the wrong person because i was heavily wearing a bonnet that covers my whole face .

At around 8:30 we dropped anchor somewhere nearby , From what i recall we payed out about 10 shackles on the anchor and it was via gravity type drop. O.S. Jermon Del Monte was the one who operated the winches for the gravity type drop since he has a good "pulse" in handling the anchor brakes than I am.

On the next several days ....

Rumour mill again and this time according to it, the next loading scenario for this ship in Kerch Ukraine will be a two part phase. First will be 30,000 Tons and the rest is the remaining space left. From what i heard first it was originally planned to be a four part phase of loading cargo via four ship barges , but like any rumour its insubstantial and subjected to change on last minute notice - like what happened just now.

For now the latest current news about it is its another STS loading ops and the FPSO ship will be FSU Vladimir Tikhonov , the very same FPSO ship that loaded us the cargo a few weeks ago. (expect that mooring arrangement will be 4:2 again).

As of the moment news on what specific date of our batch disembarkation is still unclear and not determined at all, Supposedly my batch's disembarkation should have been scheduled right after the loading of FSU Vladimir Tikhonov. Unfortunately the scheduled was cancelled and currently has gone cold - no news whatsoever .

In the meantime while this is being sorted out , I went ahead in printing a PRC (Professional Regulations Commission ) Sea Service Certificate and asked for Captain Slabada's License number (so i can print it on clearly via computer), which he courtesy gave. Now i don't have to worry about the paper work and even printed some extra copies WITH A SHIP SEAL IN IT , Good thing that the ship seal is not that difficult to find and i easily saw it on the C.O.C. . In other words if in case I'm unable to get a Sea service certificate here , the only problem i would have is faking Captain Slabada's signature

(the requirements of making a "Sea Service Certificate" given by the PRC. Is to have the ship captains license number , date of expiration of the license and the ships seal stamped on it. Of course aside from that no erasure and all entries should be type written on it.)

Latest assignment on maintenance work was greasing a few wires from both gangway ladder (port and starboard) , and cleaning the oil residues that was left behind the cargo tank hatches when oil samples were taken (specifically tanks hatches 6,4, and 2 starboard).  chemicals I used is a combination of both "SEACLEAN" chemical and Oxalic ACID, - worked with wonders in removing those tough crude oil stains.

This is the chemical I'm talking about