Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

MAGICAL TOY BOX


February 23, 2018




And it all ends the worthless pathetic two days of "Wet dock" ship repairs. Honestly this so called "Wet Dock" is nothing more than just a tune up and a cheaper version of a "dry dock" ship repairs. There are no hordes of maintenance personnel swarming the place to repair the ship., (I only counted less than 30 maintenance people).

It was a big letdown on the fact that I was expecting that there will be at least a shore leave around , but it turns out that there are no shore leaves even if this ship stayed for almost three days., I mean the whole "night" and time was more than enough for a shore leave and yet I have no idea why they didn’t offered this to the crew to go on shore leave. I was working there and the working hours were not even considered busy.

The only most logical explanation why there is no shore leave is that the management never allowed it in the first place.,

Anyway it's no surprise for me that wet dock will turn out like this., After all this is an "uwak" infested ship and the company is run by "uwak's" . So its very obviously that Shell / Nakilat is neglectful on its crew and that working here is more stressful than any other Liquid tankers (chemical, product and Oil) I worked with. All I can say I don’t expect much if the ship and company has "uwaks" in it.

In other news ..

Lately I had been making online purchases left and right in lazada (Philippine version of ebay) and the reason why I'm doing this is for the preparation for the next ship / company I'd be working with. Another reason aside from it is that it cut me the time and effort for me in searching for these items,  thus help me focus in urgent matters like finding a job and replacement company after this (shell / nakilat). On how things are going for me , it looks like that I'm heavily relaying on online purchase to fill in the materials I need, and probably soon almost all of my equipment will be supplied by lazada.

For the purpose of disseminating this information for my fellow sailors., I will post here on this blog the items that I will bring along , complete with all the necessary information a sailor should know.  Also to tell them that these equipment's are considered mostly "experimental" in category and some of them might still be "debatable" for use in the actual Ship work.

Online store and purchases have been almost around for nearly 30 years but here in the Philippines , its only been introduced recently - as in for the "millennial" generation and its gaining popularity. In the old days it was basically go to a far place and search each item available - hazzle , inconvenient and impractical to today's standards    

In other news.

Recently I had "scavenge" the crew TV room to find anything that can be of use., and it came to see on the old cabinet that there's an unused Old Video Game console system left behind., It was a Nintendo Wii ., which from what I remember on video game system was a hit gaming console back in 2003 ., Probably the ship crew mistook this videogame console to be broken or badly damaged and just left it there to neglected.

I tested the console and plugged the power and hooked it up on the TV and found out that this Nintendo Wii was still in very good condition and the only problem was that the batteries for the game controller were empty (or missing). I tested the gaming controller using my rechargeable batteries and it worked . 

Immediately an idea came to me instant ., what if I could bring this console home when I disembark by around April or May ., I could use a new electronic stuff on the TV set back home ? I could really use a new gizmo around and besides that upgrading and buying accessories and games for this videogame system would be easy to find - I'm very sure that this gadget will be very useful on my house and definitely will not be neglected at all like what this ship is treating this console. Surely they won't notice this videogame console would be missing and the crew TV room has a Play station 3 hooked up and still in service on this ship. They just probably think that the whole console (Nintendo Wii) is broken anyway.

Technically of course this is called stealing the ships property but its still fun taking these home as payback for all the shitty treatment I had received on UPL Shell / Nakilat for the past four months ., and it's called vengeance.