Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

CABIN SEARCH IN SAGA


To add humor and laugh on my personal side of things , i shall name this "GOODBYE HUNTER SAGA KIT" , and i also wrote the reason why i made this kit on the first place . Can't imagine that i lasted months on this kind of arduous situation  hehehe

As I continue to live and struggle by on a "day to day" basis given of my predicament. I had been making a lot of future plans , some of which are probably will be helpful on a long term basis. I had been planning on expanding some equipment that I will use on the civilian life once this seafaring career is over in a few year's time. Maybe because I wanted a smooth transition from an OFW style of lifestyle to a more civilian land base kind, I don’t want to get caught having a difficult position of starting all over again - So I had to advance at least the equipment I will be using in a few years time ahead.

As an added humor , I went to pack a set of clothes and named it "Goodbye HUNTER Saga kit" ., which I will  wear for disembarkation , when the time comes.

For now on work , I had to do the usual maintenance kind of work although having a job order (and getting one) is the most difficult part of the day. For now I'm left cleaning stains off on the ship fish blake.

After work , I'm left to do whatever I want which mostly ends up me playing video games on the PC , or just surfing and checking out my social media account or probably just routinely cleaning up my personal working equipment. Speaking of which as for today I was basically playing a video game on the PC , when Merk knocked to my cabin door and said I need to go to the crew recreation room and that the crew were having a sort of meeting.

when i went there I found out what the meeting was all along , turns out that the basketball ball they bought on Singapore turns out to be missing and they had no idea who took it, everyone was so busy during that day that nobody check it and was only later found to be missing. The discussion dragged on and led to doing a cabin search for each Filipino crew member , (including my cabin) but the ball wasn’t found, during the search nobody on the recreation room was allowed to leave and was just called one by one when their cabins were being search (to serve as witness) . They suspect either the Indian chief engineer took it or sabotage it and thrown it over board.

During the search I was worried on the cabin search not because of the basketball ball , but because of something else and they might found out that the missing headlight months ago would be found on my luggage. Fortunately for me , the headlight was inside on one of my pouch bags and was not carelessly inside on my luggage - so they didn’t notice.  After the search I immediately went to my cabin and locked the door and put "Loctite" super glue on the zipper of my pouch to permanently seal it and that nobody can open it in case somebody tried out of curiosity to open it.  I won't bother to open the pouch until I get back home and safe and sound in manila.

They found nothing on my cabin and even opened my luggage for them as part of a quasi "transparency" thing , although deep inside I was fearful and distressed that they might find something odd.

Honestly never in my life have I experienced this so called "cabin search" and even searched for my luggage. In fact this is the first time in my years as a sailor and this bad experience will definitely add more to the negative opinion I have on this so called "hartree" principal. Anyway I'm not here to stay any longer than necessary on this principal.