Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 11, 2020

OUT OF POSITION


Since I'm officially don’t have an job order's since the incident., I just typically tag along with O.S. Dalida and assist him in any work he does., Unofficially I do get job orders from Chief Mate Merk ., but those job orders are unreliable, inaccurate and could change anytime depending on the situation - so I just only use it as a reference.

Such example was the job order meant for today , which Merk told me to paint the bottom area of the Pump room. On that morning I decided not to tag along with O.S. Dalida to proceed on his job order., later I found out via O.S. Alvin, while preparing the grey paint, that painting was not the job order meant to be done today coming from the other chief mate (there are two chief mate here onboard) and that it was just basically cleaning the whole pump room and other areas. I immediately halted my work and proceeded in finding O.S. dalida but I couldn’t find him and was immediately worried (and feared) that I have nothing to do for work and was all alone., It’s a good thing and by stroke of luck that I decided for myself that I should clean and rearrange the whole paint room as a filler time until I find O.S. Dalida., I was left there all alone for about an hour cleaning the paint room and tried not to be noticed that I had nothing to do. I located O.S. dalida after an hour and a half when he left his squeezer equipment at the front entrance of the accommodation and he was taking a leak on the toilet. After his leak on the toilet,  I immediately rejoined him on his work.

The thing I'm most annoyed , about O.S. dalida is that he keeps asking questions on why I immediately rejoined him like its a big deal or something and I had to answer them indirectly to cover up my "out of position" job order. Personally I don’t like people who ask a lot of questions especially question asked that are sensitive and too private, or would put me in a problematic position. I don’t like him snooping around on my own personal business., Honestly the only reason why I had to cooperate with him was the fact that I had no other choice but to tag along him for the job orders., Anything beyond that , I could just simply ignore him and he just a nuisance on my day to day activates. Its true that I don’t I like him , but I do need him for work. Our alliance is simply just made out of practicality nothing more and certainly not on mutual trust.

Anyway what matters is that I've made thru the day without any incidents