Total Pageviews

Friday, January 10, 2020

PROBLEM WITH LIVING / WORKING CONDITIONS

Titled "Two Minutes till Midnight" . Picture depicts a public swearing ceremony for enlistment in the Greater Terran Union Armed Forces 


Its been years since I had changed my wall paper and background on my computer , and now I guess is the time I changed it to a more abstract painting. Before I used the Painting type of wallpaper I got (or copied) from a computer game called "Civilization 5" . Now I changed it and copied the artwork from a fan made faction from a computer game called "Stellaris" (another strategy type of game by the way). Id, post it here on my blog the wall papers.

Anyway …

I'm writing about now about my situation here, and standard of living conditions and I could pretty much concluded that my situation here has similarities on what happened to me back in the "Eagle Boston" incident way back 2016. Here the only notable difference is that this ship is new and that I'd had been on constant at odd's which a shitty crew member called Pump man Carnaje. Beyond that I could say that living / working conditions here are not pleasant. First I would mention here is the food here is insufficient , to the point that I'm technically losing weight as of the moment while writing this - its possible that maybe after this contract I would be a "slim" again because of food shortages.

There is the problem on food not because of the chief cooks skills , but the supply given by this "Hartree" principal (he owner of this ship). The do give the "regular" three meals a day but anything beyond that is zero, So basically I mostly end up feeling hungry every early morning or sometimes in other cases , late at night. There is also another option called the "Bond Store" were I had to pay some food as a supplement to my nutrition needs, but unfortunately here on this ship they don’t regularly resupply it and was always basically empty. The only thing left in the bond store is basically cola which not very good for nutrition. There's another option which I could get food once this ship gets to land and have a shore leave there I could buy from the local food store, even a local convenient store is invaluable on this situation, but unfortunately this ship is a VLCC type and most likely given on its nature of operations , there almost no possibility that this ship will berth at port anytime soon or even if it does - there's no guarantee that it will provide shore leave to crew. To compound more of the problems with this option is that for some reason this ship does not given "Cash Advance" of any kind - meaning they don’t cash to crew at all which would be used to purchase items from a food store,

So basically my situation here is totally fucked up with no way of getting any supplementary food for my nutrition, and I have no choice but totally endure this situation for another 4 months (the least, worst is 5 to 6 months). In just hope I still have meat on my bones left on that time.

Another problem plaguing this ship (and principal) is the regular supply of PPE and working equipment. Every company has in mind to keep their expenses at a minimum level or probably very low , but to the point that regular issuing of PPE and working equipment is jeopardize - I don’t think it’s a good idea. For example working glove here are not issued regularly and that I'm stuck with only four pairs of cotton gloves for three months now (and still ongoing). I had to rewash that gloves regularly as to keep it clean, which in normal practice shouldn’t be because working gloves , in particular cotton gloves are meant as disposable PPE and shouldn’t be reused. It’s a good thing that I had extra working equipment brought along with me when I arrived here to supplement my working needs.  

Land force Command (Army) of Greater Terran Union