Total Pageviews

Monday, October 29, 2018

10 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN


September 30, 2018 Tuesday
Kumon, Papua New Guinea



Ship finally departed kwinana , Perth West Australia after a week, and its headed off in its next destination somewhere in Papua New Guinea.

Soon after its departure, I implemented on the plan in using my "working belt". I simply came up one day and wear it on work. As expected it caused a fuzz around my co-workers that they keep talking about it for the whole week and made negative comments on why I'm wearing such an equipment.

My opinion about why they keep talking about it , is that they're jealous over my equipment. Despite them being jealous over my equipment , they cannot pin anything against it nor do any sabotage. Besides hell I care on what they'd about to say, as long as I'm not violating any company policies that I know of - they cannot use any excuse against it.  It may take a while for them to get used on my idea , but they'd get around and I just have to endure and ignore their criticism over it.

In other news…

On a few days ago, the payroll pay slip came up and I was surprised on how things turned out in the pay slip. Apparently on what I read on the pay slip is that OSM - TCC , does pays its contribution on social security, health insurance and housing insurance, However although they do pay their contributions , when I looked closely on the paper - it looks like their rate of paying to social security and other insurance were bare minimum, From what I'm seeing , is that they're just paying those as a formality so that the crew (and government labor agencies) won't accuse them of negligence. I can't possibly imagine that their contributions on social security per month is as low as 500 Pesos, which is two thirds less than my previous employers would pay on social security. From 1750 Philippines , OSM - TCC's social security contribution pummels at 500 Philippine peso.

So what does this means for me ., Apparently based on today's social security premiums , my pension (if I retire one day) that the government will giving me will be just probably go below the 5000 Philippine pesos per month because my employer currently remits on the minimum scale of social security. From the looks of it my retirement pension will greatly suffer because of them. On how the way they handle social security contribution to seafarers is not illegal, but it's doesn’t necessarily mean that its fair.  

Social security is a big deal for me because I knew one day , I will not be a sailor forever and one day I will go back on a "normal" life and it really pains me to learn that if that ever happens - I hate having a small monthly retirement pension because OSM - TCC company is a stingy company. Other seafarers may overlook this but for me , this is simply in excusable.

In other matters ….

There was a recent cabin inspection conducted (OSM - TCC routinely conducts this every week). I cleaned my cleaning station and my cabin as what I used to., and I still got a comment and this time the comment I got was that my cabin has too many "gadget" devices - Specifically they are referring to my Nintendo Switch, Netbook computer, Digital tablet (which serves as a clock ) and my cellphone.