Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

13 HOURS TO SULU


September 04, 2018 Tuesday
Sulu Island Philippines, Enroute to Kwinana , Perth Australia



Working almost at the border of the Philippines., I never imagine or thought that this ship will be at transit on Sulu island Philippines. Never occurred to me that this ship transit is so close in the Philippines that the whole sulu island is visible on the naked eye., Of course the whole island is technically still a few kilometers away , but it's so close that signal reception of cellphones in Philippines telecom operators are picked up. This is good if the my cellphone was not registered for roaming function,. And perhaps I could even get an internet signal. Unfortunately reality check is that my cellphone is in "roaming" mode. ( Anyway maybe I could get some internet sim card and internet on australia later on )

The cellphone signal lasted for at least 3 hours before of being lost.

Speaking of which, During that time I was on the bridge because since this ship is transiting HRA , the Chiefmate decided that there should be a double watch on the ship bridge and incidentally the time slot 4am to 8am falls under me. I went there just barely for two hours - just during the night time.