Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

GREY WATER ISSUE


September 15, 2018 Saturday
Anchorage in Perth Harbor, Australia




Based on the updated info I heard, this ships arrival will be berthing upon arrival. But on the last minute I was surprised that it turns out to be on anchorage. I was called by around 5 am in the morning by bosun and told that we were going to pay out anchor.

On what I saw the anchor given on this particular spot on Perth harbor Australia was 10 shackles.

Since it was a sudden change even the daily maintenance work from preparation of berthing was changed to the usual maintenance.

Currently the maintenance work involves, greasing of the provision crane wires on the right side of the ship. Unfortunately A.B. "roderick" who was assigned working on it got scared because of the height and said that it was too dangerous to work on that kind distance. So in a couple of minutes , we staged a platform for it to be worked on (scaffolding). Took two days to totally finish the job at the crane from greasing the wires to painting the whole machine in full coat.

In other matters

Being in the case that this ship has arrived at Australia, it was announced on the morning tool box talk that laundry will be closed for the time being until berthing, they reasoned out that they have to control the "Grey water" issue because of Australia's stiff environmental policy.

As a result to this , I went to resolve on this problem by washing my clothes in the bathroom and have to hang it to dry out (even the dryer machine is closed as well, reasoning that overheating problem might occur).  I remember this kind of tactic I used , way back during my time in "Eagle Boston" were I had to wash them and hang them over inside my cabin , but back then the problem was on the ship itself because of faulty equipment , Here It's the rules these uwak's imposed.

Anyway its fine with me , I had been in that kind of situation before and I know how to deal with it. Besides reasoning out on these uwak's are totally impossible, the only thing that I had to do is deal with it and get around on the situation.