Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

MODIFICATIONS ON PPE


October 15, 2018 Tuesday
Enroute to Perth Australia




For some time now, I had been making thoughts on modifications in the equipment I had been using , to fit more in the TCC working environment. I had completed some of the modifications now, although some of the equipment that I had in mind will not use here due to "Work Politics" such as using my very own head light. Apparently here they don’t allow 3rd party equipment brought in by their crew., Funny that on this ship (and company) they don’t sufficiently supply their crew with head lights and yet when it comes to the crew providing their own equipment for work (which is far more superior than their standard issue) , they will forbid the use of it and will come up with a lame excuse that "other third party equipment is prohibited and use only company supplied equipment - even if its instrincally safe" (from this part , they sounded more like that Shell )

Pathetic Fools !

Anyway what can I expect from an industry environment that has been laid back for forty four years, it's only natural I guess to assume that people inside it is also thinking forty years late. Of course it's not my business if they think that way, my concern is on how I do work comfortably , using some modified equipment.

Despite some limitation, it does not stop me on my work and the use of my light equipment is just a minor setback. Most of the equipment I have can be used here , and they can't come up with any stupid excuses of why I shouldn't I use it. Thankfully even though there are some limitations and ban on certain equipment people and TCC is not that hard headed and single minded compared to Shell and that folks here still have some room for open mind when it comes to progress.

In any case my latest work involves me in modifying the helmet I use. Hopefully jealous folks here won't notice some the modifications I made.

Another changes I had to do is can my balaclava I use on daily work , the previous one I'm using was already too old and worn out and that I had been wearing that head equipment for almost three ships now , spanning back when I was still in career ship management. So I guess it's about time I retire that balaclava and make a new one.  

In other news….

After the loading of cargo in Papua New Guinea, this ship is back again heading east to Perth Australia to discharge cargo and has already started to adjust its clock to the same time zone in the Philippines. Probably I'd get an internet connection there thru the Optus internet sim card I bought there. Probably I may even get to publish or update my blog once this ship reaches Australia or maybe even download the RPG game I bought recently for the Nintendo switch called "Octopath Traveller"

In other news again …..

Finally got my hair trim , thanks to fitter who has some knowledge in being a barber. The long hair is already starting to bother me because its already starting to itch in my ear area, and sadly I do not know anyone here onboard who knows how to cut hair - that is before I found out fitter can.

So I guess now that my hair is already trimmed again, I won't have to deal with the long hair issue for a month or two and no itching for a while.

Having a long hair maybe good when I'm stationed in Europe, since hair acts as some sort of heat insulation (which traps body heat) for the protection in cold weather environments , but currently I'm now in the tropics and in south east asia and this area in the globe is one of the hottest places and basically heat insulation is practically useless., and having a long hair is a terrible idea as in might lead to heat  exhaustion or terrible discomfort.

On another news…

Lately some of my crew mates decided to play a LAN multiplayer FPS game called "Counter Strike" . Yeah the game is very old as in about roughly almost 20 years now and yet believe it or not we still play this game like it was yesterday. It was actually 3rd mate who came up with the idea , and I just went along on what they were thinking. There are six of us playing the game , so it's basically a 3 on 3 shoot-out game.

I'm hesitant at first probably because the computer I had with on this trip is not exactly built for gaming , rather the one I have right now is for office use and for internet only - if I wanted to play games all along I could have settled for a much larger more muscled computer to play games with. Aside from that , right now I'm in the transitioning from Playing PC games going to console gaming like what I had the Nintendo switch for.

The good thing playing counterstrike , is that this game is so old that almost all computers can play this game and no computer will have difficulty running this game.