Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 21, 2018

ON STRANGER TIDES


August 14, 2018 Tuesday
Perth, Australia

"The ship approaches. from this distance, it holds similarity to the environments back on land. I must not take comfort on this. From comfort comes weakness and that is something I cannot abide. Although we have prepared for the world below, it will not be enough. If we are to survive and last, we need to learn more. To be vigilant. To adapt." 


----Unknown Filipino Sailor ------






Probably this is my shortest vacation ever recorded , and as of today while typing this entry , I'm just roughly 83 days that have passed since I formally left UPL - Shell  company to be here on this new company. 

Personally I never thought that I would have a replacement job too soon after my employment on UPL - Shell fell off on its ass. I was expecting that I would be off on the job for probably a few months or maybe as far as even close to a year like what happened on my transition phase from CF Sharp to UPL - Shell.

After all the reason I started out looking for work early was the fact that my U.S. Visa had already expired and that chances of employment without a U.S. Visa would be more difficult. Another reason why I started out early was that my money have already been depleted as soon as after a month. It was too soon for me to ran out of money, and whatever I had earned with was spent only in replacing equipment that I had used from my previous employer.

I found out via message on facebook saying that there is an opening for the position of O.S. and based mostly of the source of information I found out via face book, accepts applicants without a U.S. Visa and to make it more interesting is that they're financial bank they use is BDO.

Anyway now that the fiasco in UPL - Shell is sorted out and I am now here. The principal they assigned to me is called T.C.C. (tai cheon chen) , which is a Hong Kong based on the company profile I had read during on Google search. After a few process of interview and computer based test I was endorsed here and went off to the TCC liaison office located nearby (located near Victoria building , same building were far east maritime training center is located) , where I was interviewed by Captain Sicat. It took me a lengthy interview which lasted more than an hour before finally being approved.

The whole process of me finding work took only as little as three weeks , and before I even know of it , I was already being scheduled and lined up on the TCC ship , So on the eleventh day of August 2018. I was put on a fight to join this ship.