Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

EXPLOITS IN PAPUA


October 13, 2018 Tuesday
Enroute to Perth Australia



Yesterday marks my 60th day here, and without any stressful situations or incidents.

The Papua New Guinean exploits went in very quick, and although shore leave was totally impossible due to the ship mooring in a buoy (SBM , also known as  ship buoy mooring in nautical terms) at least the work load was very light compared to the traditional port facility. Basically most of my work there is just babysitting a buoy on which the ship is moored at and see if the ship is aligned, and that’s about it.

Despite the announcement made by this ships Indian captain that we will be expecting visitors specifically customs and immigration authorities, it turns out that it was just a deception and that this uwak captain is just paranoid. The only persons that came in is a mooring master, a ships agent and a loading master. Nothing more

So I guess there won't be cabins inspections and checking of hard drives which is good for me.

During work I manage to take the liberty in taking pictures while no one was around., of course I made sure that I'm alone in taking pictures and had to be careful since people here are not that trust worthy - Filipino's or any other nationality alike. 

I took pictures on how SBM looks like in the actual , this info and pictures will be invaluable as a reference and knowledge.  My actions on taking pictures may violate some "safety" standards on a tanker but people who would say that are stupidly ignorant and do not know the value of knowledge nor even thinking of what we can learn from it.  Dangerous or not ITS IS STILL KNOWLEDGE FOR ME , AND THEREFORE MUST BE STUDIED AND LEARNED FROM.