Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

DREAM GALAXY


September 08, 2018 Saturday
Enroute to West Australia



As this ship proceeds to Perth , west Australia. We spent the travel time in doing maintenance work, doing the usual task. As for me I am off doing the regular "Chipping, Brushing and Painting" loop work. There's one minor mistake I made during maintenance work and that is that I have mistaken that "CMP marine thinner"  was the same as a Paint thinner, turns out that I should use the red can rather than the blue can. The paint turned out to be blobby , and I had to dispose it. Anyway it’s a minor mistake.

According to the latest word I heard that this ship will arrive in Australia on the 11th of September by early morning.

Given that this ship will arrive on soon on Australian waters, I already saw on the stairway an order form for Internet simcards and top up loads for the crew, we had to simply just write down on how many one should order. For me I order a simcard and two top up loads.  Probably I should get a decent internet connection while in Australia (assuming that this internet sim card works), and perhaps I could get updates and latest news in the social media and check out the latest games in Nintendo switch for download. I had been off the grid for a month now and would be interested to see on how are things going on.  I wonder on what is the latest update on my Facebook and twitter account ?

On work related news …

The new muster list duties came out, and apparently it's always a joke that the new duties im aside with will also be the hardest. Anyway as long as I figured out on how to do it , then it won't be a problem for me until I signed off from this ship. There are also a few minor changes in the muster list, now the starboard quarter will be the main muster list station instead of being port side.

By the way I'm surprised to see that they changed the muster list. From what I heard on the most recent safety meeting as said by the captain that "muster list cannot be changed as it is written in the ships safety manual and approved classification design". Now a week later , it looks like that the captain is just horse shitting people and that muster list can be changed. Anyway I'm not surprised that things tune will start to changed - after all the captain is an "Uwak" and as far as I know "uwaks" are always obnoxious to filipino's  

In other news ….

There's a rumor going on that this ship might head off to south korea, Incheon. But if I based on the records on where this ship has been - there is no record that it ever went to Korea, besides that in thinking I never knew that south Korea has oil. Probably this is all just a "you wish" factor spreading out, as far as I can tell this ship will never leave south east asia and its PERMANENTLY stationed here, only going to area like Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore nothing more beyond that aside from Fujairah, UAE.

If it does go to south Korea (although I highly find it doubtful) , the voyage plan might be that we get oil somewhere in Malaysia then drop it off in south Korea. After that I don’t know any place where it can get oil in east Asia. The only thing concrete here in this that this ships "home base" will always be Australia as BP Oil company have chartered this ship. 

In other news ….

Its O.S. "Chris" birthday and almost the whole Filipino crew gathered in the smoking room to celebrate or at least hang out. There's the typical karaoke and people here keep pushing me to sing,

I did sing two songs. One is more like a pop song and the other is a local kids song from the Philippines just to quell the annoyance of the crowd and I thought singing was enough to shut them up ., it turns out that they started asking more personal question about my life. Obvious I don’t talk about my personal life onboard and never will - I just have a personal rule of never to talk about it and keep things always in the professional level.

Aside from that I can never be sure that not none among them is a gossiper, and as far as I can based on my experience Filipino sailors are one of the most gossip mongering kind of folk. I am never comfortable divulging personal information about myself nor interested in hearing personal information about other people. Anyway if things are unavoidable , I just give false personal information about myself. So that even if they do gossip I'm comfortable that those gossips aren't true. A counter gossip tactic I had learned during my years as a sailor.

After that singing , I just made an excuse to leave the area saying that I had some things that I forgot to do. Good thing I'm very good in hiding my annoyance over that matter.