Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

FIRST SUNDAY IN A LONG TIME


August 20, 2018 Monday
Enroute to Singapore


Having half day work on Saturday and off work on Sundays really helps a lot as rest days and stress removal from work here. Compared to my previous employer "UPL - Shell" which have serious rest hours issue and they dont let they're crew to have rest days.  

As of the moment I'm satisfied and grateful that there is an actual rest days here, and it’s the first Sunday I have in a long time to have actually rested.

On news around this ship.,

I have heard some grim rumours from an oiler here that other ships here on the "TCC" fleet have brutal working conditions and that this is the one and only ship in the tanker fleet that has a lax policies. Based on the rumor I heard from him, the work there was so demanding that other crew nicknamed them "Training Center". Probably I surmise that this is because of the presence of "Uwak" ship officers there. From what I heard aside from demanding work load, the crew on those ships are being forced to take computer based lecture test often., and they use the excuse of "Safety training" as a means to make life difficult and put more strain on the crew there.

From what I heard from the oiler one such example is a ship named "KWK Excelsus" , the ship I was originally assigned to go until I was reassigned to another ship on the last minute. ( Thankfully the reassignment was a blessing, otherwise I would be facing again yet another " near shell company" working conditions yet again.)

Hearing that rumor from oiler makes me rethink again about my short term plans here on this company and principal. I had a swirling thought again that maybe I might consider to getting transferred to another principal, just to avoid those damn persky "Uwaks" or better yet find another new company that has no presence of any "uwaks"

After all if I heard correctly from the Oiler, only this principal in this company has an active presence of "Uwaks" and other principals have zero and "uwak" free working environments. The rest of the other principals from what I heard are managed by Europeans and have European ship officers ( which meant better treatment of Filipino crew and less oppressive working policies)

Whatever the case maybe, My Plan here on this ship is to have at least two contracts to erase my bad rep on the resume, afterwards the third contract is optional and heavily depends on the result of the second contract. The only main objective I have here is to get a U.S. visa and finish the second contract. If in any case I'm unable to secure a valid U.S. Visa , (which they won't even bother to give me one) . I'd definitely leave and find another better company - One which doesn’t have "Uwaks".

Mostly this campaign I'm working with is just plainly a "Reclamation" , just back tracking on filling up my financial losses on the previous two disaster campaigns (Cf Sharp and UPL-Shell). I suppose that sailing on this for a while might help recover my losses before moving on to the next company.

The only thing I could guarantee is there will be a second campaign here  , just to erase the bad reputation on me resume.

On other concerns ….

Since the policies here are not as hard as "UPL - SHELL" ., I might be planning to get a camera and take pictures all over the ship as part of my survey. And if all goes well I might be even able to post it on the social media as a means to distribute information.