Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

FALSE ALARM


Entry date : July 26 016 Tuesday
Location : South of Yemen
 
 
For the moment, I had been thinking for several days now on using the public satellite email this ship has - actually it’s the email used by the captain to send messages to the company , turns out it can be used as well to send to messages to emails. The catch is that privacy of messages is zero and that there's a possibility that someone (or even the captain) can read to those email messages and read it. I'm not really comfortable sending an email that has no privacy - a lesson I learned way back on "CAPE TALLIN" a few years back.
 
Most likely if I'm going to send an email here, I had to set some rules. First is that the language in email will be the local dialect of Filipino's which is called "Tagalog" , since ship officers here do not understand that language fully and I don't know any other foreign language to code my messages. At least using that  language minimizes the possibility of someone trying to read my email messages. Another thing is that I won't use this email is to update my blog, and cant risk that my blog will be discovered just because of it.
 
Anyway while I'm still working on the details , here's the news about work.
 
This Tuesday morning , I was suddenly surprise to see both Chief Mate and Third mate went to the bridge 3am this morning and discussed something to 2nd mate. I didn't hear the conversation given at my distance from them and I was basically on the bridge wing when I saw it, I didn’t even bother to figure it out as well because I'm simply not interested thinking that it was a work related stuff. I only found out on what the fuzz is all about on 4am when O.S. "mark" told me that the general alarm bell suddenly tripped off on below decks and made everyone ran to the designated muster station. I was on the funnel area at that time and didn’t heard a thing , only thing I remember was that 2nd mate asked me to check the B and A deck and tell anyone I saw there that they should go back to their cabins to sleep, fortunately I didn’t saw anyone.