Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

REVERTING TO CLASSIC DESIGN



Blog entry for : June 02, 2016 Thursday
 
Despite the moderness of my equipment, I still kept reverting (or looking back) to my old designs I used a few years back. Probably because of the fact that my old designs were lightweight, easy to use and easily constructed. The designs of my equipment date as back as 2010 and might consider it nowadays as obsolete but however it is now phased out.
 
In relation to this entry, I recently received a lot of flak from my fellow co-workers , both Filipino, Indian and Singaporeans alike. Apparently they haven't saw any sailor before that arrived on a ship with so many working equipment, and much to my suspicion some of them are even jealous that I came here well prepared and are doing everything to discredit my work (don't they all). Bosun even tells me openly that I should stop using my equipment, so I don't get any nasty attention. Frankly I think I already have and he's the one who's jealous of my equipment and he's just putting up an excuse.
 
Anyway I'm not really fazed on their horse shitting, and I'm already used to the fact about this and have been expecting that these imbeciles will not understand my methods, In any case I'm not bothered on their meddling - they just look at me as much as they can and drool on what I'm doing. As far as I know there is no such rule onboard any ship that forbids the use of my tools, And if there is some equipment that is in question like my headlight and flash light - all those equipment complies with the "instrically safe" standards imposed in Europe. So technically I can use it not only in this ship , but to among other ships as well  
 
Anyway going back on the main subject , No matter how much I change or "evolve" my designs from the earlier it still finds it way from back. Probably as I mentioned earlier. Good thing that despites the designs obsoleteness it still has plenty of uses up to now.
 
In other news….
 
On the working environment here in this ship, Indian working system is much more crueler and more brutal than the soviet type of working system and I had to go to all the trouble of waking up early in the morning just to attend to my personal agendas . Back when I was with NSB, I didn't have to do this because I had a lot of time for myself, Here it's obviously a shit on a stick.
 
What's more is that the perks and special privileges I enjoyed back in NSB are none existent here in Norstar. There are no bond store here , no liquor , no chocolates and worst is no soft drinks of any kind at all (be it either sprite, coke, Pepsi or 7up). Plus I'm drink water from a questionable purifier hooked up on the ships fresh water tank.
 
Another thing more annoying is that despite the modern of MLC, and technology. There is no internet connection of any kind here whatsoever, not even the basics of emails which is imperative to contact a sailors family in the Philippines. So for short , I'm working here blind on what is happening back home and the same goes back home where they have no idea what going on or how the hell are they going to contact me while I'm trapped here