Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

SCHEMING ON THE BLOCKADE


Journal log entry : June 08, 2016
 
For the past two days I had been planning my move to get out of this ship. One such plan is that I use a "bereavement / compassion leave" which despite my sadness losing dad last month , can be used as an excuse to get the hell out of this ship.
 
There are two scenario's that would lead this plan. One is that the company will honor my request and grant me an all-expense paid ticket out of here, second scenario is that they will still honor my request by in the expense I have to shoulder the cost of travel from my point of disembarkation all the way to the Philippines, and same goes also for my replacement. Lucky for me this ship is bound to Asia , were air fares are cheapest. The only question is if I do have enough money by the time I send a request for an "early vacation" . On second though I don’t give a shit about money at all - safety and lives is in questioned here , and I don’t want to risk my neck dying on this ship.
 
So in the face of overwhelming odds, there is only one thing for me to do and I had to science this shit out of here. My main goal is to get out of here and my only chance lies on that request for repatriation.
 
Anyway I had enlisted (or at least made a conspiracy) with oiler and supports his plan that he was just generating airfare for the time being just to bust out of here. Same idea goes with me on planning a "jailbreak" here, so basically I'm "in" on his plan to get the fuck out of here. , We talked about it and laid out carefully the plans and with luck will execute on the latter month.
 
 
On news related to work…
 
This ship has recently berthed Columbia and god ! I can't imagine working for exceeding 12 hours on the whole day. It’s a total slave work , I'm not sure on what's exactly an article in STCW or ILO or whatever violates the minimum 10 hour rest period in a day , but definitely this is clear that it’s a violation. To be prudent the management here doesn’t even have a work / rest worksheet , to sanitize any evidence against any person who has the balls to report this to the authorities. The most recent annoyance is that after going thru all that hassle of casting off - I was put back again to maintenance work until 5pm for some dumb fuck removing of water on the bilge in the forecastle , then in midnight the following day to "heave up anchor" - not a very comfortable of work schedule as if like an emergency and imperative work is to be done, on a normal work schedule.
 
People here says that our indian chief office is to be blamed on the brutal work schedule, as if like he doesn’t know how to manage and handle people. Either way I think "Gandi" here is doing his management skills very poorly and he's crew are more annoyed because of this (and so am I).